Attitude magazine is going from strength the strength. As our digital output grows, we’re on the hunt for a new full-time senior online writer, who will also be required to work in support of the print magazine team, too.
We’re looking for someone who can produce original content and write on a broad range of subjects - from entertainment and current affairs to Drag Race and politics - with creativity and flair and who can crack on independently and as part of the wider team.
Is that you?
Can you craft sharp, sassy copy on the run, yet also turn your skills to covering the biggest and most serious LGBTQ+ stories of the day? Are you at one with the LGTBQ+ community? Are you capable of working in a demanding yet rewarding environment, with an eye for a story? If so, we need to hear from you, as our audience awaits.
Salary is dependent on experience (and this role does demand previous experience) but we’re a dynamic employer offering a decent basic salary, 25 days annual leave, pension and some other nice benefits. You know, all the important stuff.
We’re based in Surrey (postcode: RH7 6PB), 45 minutes south of Clapham by train, in air-conditioned offices with a view.
The ideal candidate for this position should have:
- Minimum two years’ experience of working on a news or entertainment website
- Experience using a content management system
- Familiarity with all aspects of social media
- Proven ability to create original, interesting and exciting news stories
- Experience in writing creative copy and in writing to briefs
- Excellent communication skills
- An excellent understanding of LGBTQ+ issues and the sensitivities around them
- An ability to undertake research using a variety of sources
- Skills in multi-tasking and prioritising work schedules
Please send a CV, cover letter and examples of written/published work to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is 11.59pm on Friday 17 December 2021.